Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Trials and Tribulations of Starting the Tokyo Comedy Club


Pictured: Some of the funny English you see in Japan, this time at Boozer House in Odawara

An article came out in Japan Zine, acknowledging me as one of the co-founders of the Tokyo Comedy Store. I just want to say thank you to the Tokyo Comedy Store for doing that!
--Kevin R Burns

Kevs Twisted Humor
These days I ply my comedy trade at my website, Kevs Twisted Humor.
Check it out!

One of the great things about being an expatriate in Japan is that there are so many unique opportunities for us here. If you are willing to take the time to go to the audition or job interview, you have a shot at many interesting jobs. As well, if there is something you want to do, but this organization or club doesn`t yet exist, if you start it, they will come. So often there are others like you, waiting for someone to start a club or group they are interested in.

I have lived here a long time, I`m a good organizer, so I have started many groups over the years. One of them was the Tokyo Comedy Club, which is now known as The Tokyo Comedy Store. I still have a little pride in knowing that I started the whole thing! Maybe someone would have done it eventually, but I did it! Read More

No comments: